1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help needed with mean gander...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ohiofarmgirl, May 13, 2009.

1. ohiofarmgirl

ohiofarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    i couldnt figure out how to move this over.. so i'm manually moving this post - can anyone help with this?? note its not MY gander(this time) but chickenlittle32

:)

Ok, so heres the problem. My goose and gander are becoming mean...but not to us..but to the broody hens/broody mallard. They will take the hen or the mallard out of the nest and harrass them...pluck feathers etc. What should I do with them?

2. It's mating/breeding season. This is very normal for geese to do. Be careful if you have any young children around as they will do the same to them. Unfortunately, this is a very normal behavior in geese and very hard to break and may not even be possible as they are very stubborn and set in their ways. So, you may want to either pen them in their own area or consider finding them a new home! [​IMG] Good luck!

3. ohiofarmgirl

ohiofarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
  4. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    HI, yeah it's mine....lol *waving* Thank you sooo much ohiofarmgirl!

[email protected]...neither she nor he are going after any humans....It's only the one broody hen and a mallard hen...is this behavior gonna pass or just get worse?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by