help needed with possibly poorly roo

Sorry to hear about your birds, Tasha. Please, if you're going to go to someone's farm or even the feed store, practice good biosecurity (both for your flock and others'.) It's easy to forget when we're so concerned and worried, but unless proper measures are taken, you could spread an illness to another flock quite easily (and vice versa.) In addition to the obvious hand washing, clothes and shoes worn while caring for your birds should not be worn off your property. Good luck - I hope all are just suffering minor irritation from the spraying and it's not anything worse. Sending best wishes for a complete recovery.

Quote:
i thought i had wrote about the weedkiller,i mustnt of saved that post,ive tired him with allsorts today,he may have been drinking but i havent seen him,he ate abit of scrambled egg with poultry spice in it,and a few bits of corn but thats all ive seen,xx

Quote:
i was only going to get the man to look athim doing the noise thing hes doing,dont know what biosecurit is,sorry im a newbie,
sad.png
.thats the thing hes not acting ill,hes up alert just these wierd noises,and the fact i havent seen him drink and hes only eaten a little bit today,all the rest arefine,although my other male has done the same neck movements just with no noise,but he ionly did it a few times,thankyou.

GET HIM OUT OF THE PEN AND AWAY FROM THE OTHERS! Get a hospital cage together food water and the like after you get him out if you don't already have one ready. Get him in there, sit and observe. Feel his body, anything feel abnormal, any cuts scrapes, us he making noise while breathing? Perform the gape test if negative then assume he has a respiratory infection of some sort. Either an ilness or an effect from possible weed killer ingestion. Isolate, observe, and then plan your next move.

Quote:
ye i was going to isolate him,need to kick my dog out of its crate,first,i feel sick,was praying that the breeder was right,but hes never been on the floor not sure if hes fallen of the roost or what,he just gave me a pitiful look,my other half is at work so cant do the test on my own,dp u think he could be dydrated,if he hasnt drank all day,its been quite warm here for a change,x

Quote:
sorry pull him??im from the uk and its half 20 at night,cant get anywhere to buy anything,the only things chickeny wise i have in are acv for the water and poultry spice,

By pull him I mean get hum out of the pen. Sorry if you thought I meant cull him. Food water observe are the best things to do right now. Try to gather symptoms and signs of what's going on. Look at him objectively and see what you see, go from there, but get him away from the other birds, if he has something transmisable then the long he's there the more everyone else is exposed. You have to always assuming the worst. Maybe its an effect from possible poisoning and maybe its an effect of an illness, don't take the chance and get him away from the others.

Quote:
hes in the living roomin a dog crate with towels over it,he feels alot hotter then he normally does,do u think it would be ok to put the fan on him on low,but at the other end of the room,im wondering whether he needs water ,just dont know how to get it into him,ive put some mash in there with abit of poultry spice in it,is there anything in the home you think i could give him as a pick me up tyoe thing,zxx

Back
Top Bottom