help needed with possibly poorly roo

tasha82

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
leeds
hiya the other day one of my chickens was making a funky noise,i actually thought she was a he and trying to crow,i posted the video on here and people think she was just sneezing,then yesterday one of m,yothers was snezzing only for a few mins tho,now today one of my males,is doing somthing wierd,hes kind of reering his head back then coming back up and making a sqwuack,at first we thought oh great hes trying to crow,but hes been doing it all morning,hes eaten and been drinking seems fine in himself,but hes just not stopped doing it,one of my other males has sneezed a few times today aswell,ill take a video on the one whose making the funny noises,and post it in a minute,.not sure if im just over reacting,but they are my babies,xx

Last edited:
That is not a healthy noise. Look up gapeworm. Not just on byc but all over the web and see what you come up with. I don't have the noise going on, but I do have the gape right now. Treating right this second with safeguard

Quote:
weve just rang the breeder and hes saaid he thinks hes trying to crow,said its like hes got phlem on the back of his throat he has to get rid off,im more worried cos my lovely neighbours has people in doing there garden and sprayed weedkiller and it went all over my vegs and garden,i did wash it down but its got me worried i didnt get it all or it didnt do any good,he seems ok but has only eaten a small amount today and i havent seen him drink,x

Safer than sorry, pull the sneezer and monitor him. Give me a sec and I'll post a first crow of mine, it doesn't look like that at all to me. I could be wrong tho.

i want to worm them anyway,said to my other half now ive got my little flock i want to get them all wormed,been toldby the breeders theyve been wormed but you never know,what do i need??he also said thats the noise zeebs is making just alot quiter and not as long,it has got alot louder then it was this morning i just put it down to him getting worse,dont know what to do,does normal wormer protect against gapeworm,im kinda new to chickens

Me too... Use the search in the upper right corner here and look up wieners for chickens. So far a lot if people go with pea sized drop of safeguard per bird on a small piece of bread.

Quote:
ill have a look thankyou,just seen my other male whose 18wks doing the same thing reering back etc but no noise coming out,im so annoyed im panicking about the weedkiller and shouldnt have to,.xx

Back
Top Bottom