Aseel rooster coughing / loud short clucks ?

mustafa12892

Hatching
Aug 15, 2023
Hi everyone this is my first post. Have got a couple of Aseel chickens I bought. Was told it was a male and female couple but i think they are both males.

Have been seeing my Aseel chicken cough and sneeze for the past couple of weeks have given some home remedies such as garlic etc and have also recently discovered agrivite respite which I have ordered. Anyways the coughing has declined and gotten better over time however just today my chicken has been making a very loud but short clucking / coughing sound. He shakes his head every time he makes this noise. The age is about 6-7 months.

I have attached a YouTube short as I don’t know how to attach videos to this post.
One thing I noted was when the noise started he was with the other aseel I separated him from the other aseel he was making this noise but quieted down when in the house. As soon as he was let out again he ran up to the other aseel chicken and started making those noises again. The noise then stopped afterwards.

In terms of coop hygiene have 2 Aseels and 2 warren laying hens. Coop is cleaned every 2-3 days and a full wash is done every week with water. Vinegar spray is used to deter flyes. Hay is used in left potion where chickens sleep and right is just normal phenolic. ( used to be a dog kennel converted to chicken coop )

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be extremely gratefull. Thank you.

Last edited:
That's sneezing, may not be a problem.
are they being quarantined from any existing chickens?
Be very careful with home remedies, almost all are untested and most don't work or are harmful. Garlic is toxic to animal, especially chickens in easy to accidentally dose amounts

Back
Top Bottom