I think it is a cough??

PhelanChick

Chirping
May 11, 2023
I have lots of young pullets and 1 rooster in their second grow out pen before going to the large coop. They should be about 3-4 months now but I could be off, I move them by size not age. Anyway I have 2 that seem to be coughing, although I have never heard a chicken cough. The first one I noticed is a Cemani and I just thought she has a weird "cluck", since these are my first cemanis. But then I noticed one of the buff cochins making the same noise. No discharge or redness, and it is only 2 of the 15-20 of the birds. no others have any issues although I did bring a favorelle back into the brooder a week ago that seemed off to keep an eye on her and to keep a surprise chick company.

The "cough" sounds like a weird cluck, almost like a wild chicken- they stretch their neck and it always seems to bow the neck out to the right. They have their beak open slightly afterward. Does not seem infectious as there is no discharge and only 2 are affected. They seem to be eating but not as much as the others. They are drinking

It has been a couple days and no change. Has anyone had this? We do not have chicken vets here lol

Back
Top Bottom