help needed with possibly poorly roo

Quote:
yeah he said hes sure its gapeworm,or someother kind of type of worms,but is positive its gapeworm,he said he could see a little collection of bugs at the back of his throat,along with what looks like cheesey loooking stuff.yeah ive seen thosepics,been on the comp non stop since he became ill,xx

That's why I asked if their was a swab taken. I just read a bunch of stuff about upper respiratory fungal infections in poultry and the symptoms if present include gasping, gaping and head shaking scratching, and maybe noise while breathing.

Last edited:
Quote:
dont know,he said he could see a build up of bugs down his throat,which can be quite commen in chickens especially those who free range so can eat what bugs n worms they want,and to ring him friday if it doesnt get better then hell treat him for something beginning with t,xx

Do we know the treatment of canker? I'm going to look it up after I feed the kids and see if maybe he's thinking fungal too. Does your vet see a lot of birds? Not questioning his training, just wondering.

he said theres a fungal infection cos off the worms,weve been with our vet for years,hes treated all our reptiles etc,hes also partner with a guy who its vet for a zoo near us,they both run it together,they have a programme on telly called zoo vet at large,xx

Quote:
no as soon as he looked into his throat he said straight away,had a really good feel and listen to his chest,hes alot brighter today,so fingers crossed,hes only gaped a couple of times and is now munching on the grass etc.nice cool day for him better then how hot its been.fingers crossed it works,xx

Back
Top Bottom