Help needed with quail dying

I'm sorry to hear you are losing quail :hugs

Have your quail had any symptoms? How are they acting before they die?
How old are they? What breed of quail are they? How many do you have? How are they housed? What are you feeding them?
More information would help other members to help you with why they could be dying.

I check them once a day and I never come across them when they are dying they are always just dead they are 1 year old, I'm not sure the breed but they are big and different shades of brown,I usually have about 5 I have 3, this isn't the first time they started to die it happened a couple of years ago I lost all of them but I still have 3 left just now so I would like to try save them,they are in a boiler room that isn't actually warm it's a bit warmer than outside because here it is a bit too cold for them outside,and I feed them on corn and layers pellets mix

Sorry I can't help but I wanted to add that I also sometimes come across dead adults for no reason at all! We use heat lamps and cover the coop with a tarp at night so they aren't cold. We feed regular chick crumbles (nonmedicated, not gamebird food either).

There are several common diseases poultry aquire, likey you have one. If you want to stop the dying you either need to give a detailed explanation of the symptoms/behavior of the quail or take one to an avain vet.

What does their feces look like? Is their breathing raspy? Do they have discharge from their sinuses? If so does the discharge smell foul? Are their eyes watering more than normal or overly dry?

They cant digest corn and they dont need it. It isnt doing anything positive for them. Layer pellets aren't sufficient in protein for quail either. They should be getting high protein game bird feed or turkey starter.

Thank you for the help I will try to buy turkey starter somewhere and see how the last 2 do and I have noticed that the are shaky and aventually they get all lazy like and their wings hang low and they shuffle about the place

I don't know if this matters but only when they die they have little red bald patches

I don't know if this matters but only when they die they have little red bald patches

Could the red bald patches be from over breeding? The red bald patches could be infected. Infection can kill them if they are unable to fight it off.

Also as they are in the boiler room could it be fumes from that are affecting them? Just a thought on the boiler.

It can't be the fumes they are directed through the wall to outside with a pipe and the male never bothers with the females.

Back
Top Bottom