Help needed with settings, incubating turkey eggs in a Brinsea Mini Advance.

ChickAficianado

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 2, 2012
Texas
Hooray, my turkey eggs are here! However, I'm totally confused about the correct settings, especially the temperature. Does anyone know the correct temperature for incubating turkeys in the Brinsea Mini? Anyone have any advice on the other settings? Right now I have it set to 28 days, turning angle (egg size) 15, turning mode on, turning interval 180 minutes, and 100 degrees for the temp. I haven't put the eggs in yet, because I'm a little alarmed by the inconsistent advice I've found while searching the web. ...I'm going to go walk my alpacas and hope someone answers, so I can get started on (hopefully) hatching some awesome turkeys. Thanks!

No problem
1f603.png
we have 7 baby turkeys right now lol

Did you start your eggs yet? I just picked up 4 narragansett turkey eggs locally and this will be my first time hatching turkey eggs and my first time hatching in the BMA. I'm super nervous. I'm still waiting for the incubator to come in the mail, should be here tomorrow or Monday.

They are easy, just like hatching chickens just a few days longer. Temp and humidity is all the same, along with keeping them in the incubator for 24 hours and waiting a day or two before they will eat

They are easy, just like hatching chickens just a few days longer. Temp and humidity is all the same, along with keeping them in the incubator for 24 hours and waiting a day or two before they will eat

Thanks for the tip! I'm still waiting for the darn incubator! It was suppose to be here by today according to how long it takes for the website to ship but it was a present so I don't have a tracking number to follow. These turkey eggs aren't getting any younger! Hopefully I can get them set up tomorrow.

I have 4 days left! I have been candling to check, 5 out of 6 developed. My incubator really is too small, so it's a good thing I didn't have more. This is the only time I have ever had to turn eggs. Usually I use the automatic turner, but I can't with the turkey eggs because they are too big! I must say though, this is the best development rate I have ever had... fingers crossed that they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom