Help needed!

Chiknoodle

Songster
Feb 17, 2021
North Carolina
I was with my turkey when I saw this weird stuff in the corner of his mouth. It was yellow and kinda gooey. It wasn’t a bright yellow. Kinda faded. And then I go out to take pics and it’s gone! Can someone please help???

I was with my turkey when I saw this weird stuff in the corner of his mouth. It was yellow and kinda gooey. It wasn’t a bright yellow. Kinda faded. And then I go out to take pics and it’s gone! Can someone please help???
Could be a canker. Highly contagious. You'd need an antifungal for it. I am not too sure about turkeys (I raise chickens, quail, and ducks) but this sounds a lot like what she could have. Could be some sort of respiratory discharge as well?

There really is not enough information to make any deductions. For all we know, he may have been eating something. Keep an eye on him. Get pictures.

Could be a canker. Highly contagious. You'd need an antifungal for it. I am not too sure about turkeys (I raise chickens, quail, and ducks) but this sounds a lot like what she could have. Could be some sort of respiratory discharge as well?
No, it’s not canker. We’ve been thinking that it is pollen and the food he has been eating all stuck in one place.

Back
Top Bottom