HELP!!! New Duckling from Mail Order losing Balance

gtcakes

Chirping
Apr 2, 2018
North Central Indiana
Just received my silkies and two Black runners in the mail.

All but one of my Black runners seem good. The one black runnner keeps rolling over (seemingly losing balance) and is lethargic.

Hoping it’s traveling stress as the Duck will drink if I give it water. Won’t try to eat, but I made some boiled eggs and can give it the mush, which it seems to eventually keep up.

Just checking to see if there’s anything extra I can do. Sugar water and eggs right nw are all I have.

Did they have gro gel in the box? maybe dehydrated. Make some feed soupy and offer plus room temp water not cold out of the spigot [Little on the warm side.]

Poultry Nutri drench is another good one to have on hand it can be given straight into the bill tiny bits at a time.

It looks like they ate up the grow gel.

Duckling has its head down now and sleepy. I’m gonna stop messing. Gave it some of the soupy food and more water. Duckling is breathing and every so often lifts its head like its drinking or eating. Does have residue on beak from food/water.

Other duckling is having at it with the water and food.

Thanks. It stinks bc I have to get back to work. I watched them for about an hour and the little one seemed to be resting. Fingers crossed. I only got two ducklings and they need each other!!!

I’m hoping she/he doesn’t fall over on back like earlier, not sure she/he can get back upright!

I’ll be sure to take more pictures and post later.

A5FD1105-11CB-416F-B063-090E7CAB1AF3.jpeg

We lost the duckling. :hit

Not sure what to do now. We got two black runners in the order only.

We have two full grown Pekins, two juvenile khakis, but I feel like I need to get the one left a friend. There are 6 Bantam silkies and 4 other packing peanuts for now, but every duck I've had paired up with each other.

Anyone have thoughts? I can't ship just one more duck and don't really think I can get more than one with our space.

What about local? check out craigslist or your feed store they may know of someone with ducklings. So sorry you lost the lil one :hugs I would def try and get it a buddy.

Back
Top Bottom