Help! New with wood ducks and had one die. I do not know why.

Yes as long as they are different blood lines. You always want unrelated birds. I always buy two pairs of everything I plan on breeding so I can make unrelated pairs from there off spring

I agree shipping can be a lot but make sure your permits are valid and you do it legally. You may have to separate the extra drake so the pair can focus on breeding.

Yeh thanks for reminding me about permits! Forgot!! And I thought I would have to separate them. Thanks you have been so much help!

You have the paperwork for them for buying them you can't sell them or the off spring without a permit. So I'd say wait to get that permit tell ur sure you'll have stock to sale else your wasting money. Just check you state laws and you should be okay

I always had two females to every male. Also i never was able to tame my woodies! Even hatching them in an incubator and hand raising them,they were wild! Only duck i could tame was a No Pintail who i hatched and raised and she lived in the garage with my golden retriever and ate his food and she came in the house when we opened the door!

Back
Top Bottom