Help!! Nipple waterer not enough water

If that does not work, I have had much better success with the waterer cups. They are very similar to the nipples in a lot of regards but have an open source for the chickens to drink from.

I put a tiny 1/8" hole under one of the rings around the top of the bucket. Air flows a lot easier than water and chickens don't drink very fast so if you don't have many chickens you don't need a big hole.

Hi,
If you find out WHA HAPPEND will you tell me, because I am very concerned about the nipple waterer I have in with 32 three to four week olds. I watch very carefully since they are in the garage, but I am still concerned.
mg

Hi,
If you find out WHA HAPPEND will you tell me, because I am very concerned about the nipple waterer I have in with 32 three to four week olds. I watch very carefully since they are in the garage, but I am still concerned.
mg

If you read the thread, the solution is there. Basically, the OP had used an airtight container and needed to make a hole above the water line so air could get in and the water could flow out. If you're using an airtight container, you'll need to do the same.

I love love love my nipple water bucket!! I was sick and tired of poop water trays
sickbyc.gif
nasty and stinky. I tossed out the can and never want it back! About the chickens running to a puddle of water like they are dying of thirst, when I dumped the water out of the can, they did that very thing. They fought to be first to drink the puddle of dirty water. Stoopid chickens!
he.gif
It's the same water! Now, no more dirty water and with a 5 gallon bucket, no more washing and refilling every day.

Back
Top Bottom