HELP! No laying around here.

kckat0918

In the Brooder
Dec 28, 2019
Garden City Missouri
I have 8 hens, 2 are new to the flock. They were all laying up till cool weather not cold. I have always had eggs year round. In fact I was getting around a dozen about every 3 to 4 days. Then in August/September they just quit. They were not molting or anything they just quit. They are still not laying and I have never had that issue. Please help. I have not done anything different all is the same except no Laying. Please suggestions. I am open to ideas.

I have 8 hens, 2 are new to the flock. They were all laying up till cool weather not cold. I have always had eggs year round. In fact I was getting around a dozen about every 3 to 4 days. Then in August/September they just quit. They were not molting or anything they just quit. They are still not laying and I have never had that issue. Please help. I have not done anything different all is the same except no Laying. Please suggestions. I am open to ideas.
Update, I have 8 hens and 2 roosters. The 2 roosters are from the spring clutch of 2019, 2 of the hens are from the 2019 spring clutch, 2 hens are full buffs and are 4/5 years old 2 hens are 2/3 years old, and 2 are a year old.

lack of light weather they are molting or not can stop them from laying I have a white light about 18 hours a day mine did not lay for 3 months molting but have started back now

After I posted I just remembered that we changed the bulb type this year but did not think it would matter. I will replace the bulb to the old bulb and see if that changes. I bought eggs this Christmas for the first time in about 12 years it was sad. :( TY
I wouldn’t. The glass bulbs are a fire hazard.

lack of light weather they are molting or not can stop them from laying I have a white light about 18 hours a day mine did not lay for 3 months molting but have started back now
We did have 24 chickens until we found 14 homes, we have 5 dogs, 3 cats, 2 horses, 1 donkey, 1 preteen, 2 teens, and 2 extremely worn out adults. Happy New Year

Back
Top Bottom