Help!! (not a pet but I dont know where to post)

Be sure that the food is lukewarm. Colt food can kill them. He'll probably need a heating pad to keep him warm too.

Kitten formula should work well. Use a tissue to clean off his mouth after feeding so he can breathe. I used a small syringe when hand feeding baby squirrels, and that seemed to work quite well.
The belly should be plump, but not bloated, without lots of wrinkles when he's full.

Be sure that the food is lukewarm. Colt food can kill them. He'll probably need a heating pad to keep him warm too.

Kitten formula should work well. Use a tissue to clean off his mouth after feeding so he can breathe. I used a small syringe when hand feeding baby squirrels, and that seemed to work quite well.
The belly should be plump, but not bloated, without lots of wrinkles when he's full.
it is lukewarm dont worry! And I have a heating pad which seems to work okay so far
Thank you for the tips!!

Sadly the little one is going downhill, he's lethargic and I've noticed he has a respiratory infection. He isnt wanting to move anymore, and I doubt he'll survive the morning but I'm glad I tried at least :(
he's still going, but weaker by the hour- does anyone know if theres a way I could help him breathe better?

Another update:
I prepared some electrolytes and mixed with a little bit of milk, got him to latch on after a lot of persuasion and by the time it was next feed he had enough strength to lift his head (for the first time in hours). I persisted with some sugar water, milk, throughout the afternoon and he has started to move his legs and even stand up again- he is no where near out of the woods, but he's a little fighter for sure.
We're having difficulty getting him to pass faeces, he hasnt done much all day, even with a lot of regular help- The first droppings he did were very dry (after having no liquids since he was abandoned) and Im worried he has a blockage somehow. Not sure if there's anything I could give him or try to get his system working as it should be?

Back
Top Bottom