Help not sure what to do .

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 1country, Nov 21, 2011.

1. 1country

1country Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    I had put two eggs under my hen and 1 hatched on time but one didn't and it's on day 27 as of today . I broke open the egg on the 25th day to see if anything was growing and it was moving in its sack . I didn't tear the sack in side the egg so I put medical tape over the small hole and put it back under the hen . need help on what to do . should I leave it under her or open it my self . Im new to hatching eggs and any help would be appreciated very much .

2. guard278th

guard278th Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Rogersville Tn
    Open it on up

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Do you know if the chick is alive? I would pick the shell off around the same line that the chick would normally zip and moisten the membrane. Depending on how the chick is I would either help it hatch or put it in a moist towel and put it back in the hatcher. One egg I was going to toss on day 23 and when I picked it up I heard peeping. It had pipped the bottom side of the egg. I chipped some of the shell away and moistened the membrane and put it back into the hatcher and it hatched. Good luck and keep the faith... [​IMG]

4. 1country

1country Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    Yes it's alive . today I was looking at the sack and its coming loose from the egg shell . I think i'm going to open it up to night !

5. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    I can't wait to see pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by