HELP nothing is hatching

CantSkipThis

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
Hi everyone,
so I'm on my first hatch using a incubator. Today is day 22 and nothing.. I candled the Silkie eggs at day 18 and 3 out of 5 were alive and kicking. My other eggs are Marans which have been too dark to see anything other than the air on the large side. My temp has been a steady 100 and my humity is staying between 72%-77%. I don't see anything happening with the eggs and I hear no pips. I have a few more eggs due in a few days. Should I just leave everything until a few days after the last eggs are due?

Im so sad!! I've been watching these eggs like crazy and don't know what went wrong :/

how long has your humidity been that high? I incubated eggs for the first time, and did the dry incubation method. Low humidity until lockdown. I would leave the eggs a couple more days, and see if maybe they are just pokey....

I uped the humidity on day 17. I thought it was day 18 but after reading realized since I set them on the 1st day one was really the 2nd making day 18 the 19th. :/

I keep my eggs in for another week past due date--eternal hope. Marans are difficult to hatch and there is a thread for those eggs; I researched the marans and found only info totreat them the same as other chicken eggs; then after trying to hatch 2 dozen, and getting 4, I found other sources that indictaed the marans need a dry incubation and high humidity at lockdown.

Hatching can be tricky. So many details need to go right to result in a hatched chick. I suggest keeping a note book of all the readings; record all the basic info 3-4 times a day. It will help you see what needs tweaking.

When I started thinking about jumping into incubating I collected a boat load of info. Maybe you will find some helpful info here:

BackYardChickens Forum / Links to university info on incubating and hatching eggs

GL, and try again!

Back
Top Bottom