HELP! Omlet automatic coop door problem

Sg4

Songster
Aug 7, 2017
I purchased the automatic door from omlet and attached to my existing wooden coop. I've had it for about a year now. I get the occasional "wiring fault" error but it is rare and I have figured out how to fix that little "bug" in the system.
About 3 days ago my auto door stopped closing at night. It is set on a timer. The error said "door fault". So I had to close manually, however the door will just continue to open and close over and over again until I hit the button a second time to make it stop in the closed position.
I was able to close it manually a couple nights and it would reopen on its own in the morning. But today I had to open it manually as well.
I did a factory reset, made no difference. My next step is to disconnect the wire and re connect, but aside from that, I'm clueless. Has anyone had this issue? Is my door just busted permanently?
I did test the crash bar by blocking the entryway with an object, and the sensor successfully detected the object and reopened. But it will just keep opening and closing by itself.

How did you fix the wiring fault issue. I am getting that on both my omlet auto doors. Sorry i can't help with your question. I am still stuck at the wiring fault stage
To fix the wire fault, I lock and unlock the screen. I have read that it is mostly common when you keep the screen locked all the time. I keep mine unlocked but still get the error sometimes. So try to lock it, wait a minute, then unlock again, and do a manual open/close. Hopefully that will trick it for you

To fix the wire fault, I lock and unlock the screen. I have read that it is mostly common when you keep the screen locked all the time. I keep mine unlocked but still get the error sometimes. So try to lock it, wait a minute, then unlock again, and do a manual open/close. Hopefully that will trick it for you
Thanks so much. I will give that a try. I never lock my screen but the fault appears to just come up randomly.

I have a question please. I noticed last night on my new installed automatic coop door opener that upon closing it just went slamming down. Anyone know why it did that? TIA

I purchased the automatic door from omlet and attached to my existing wooden coop. I've had it for about a year now. I get the occasional "wiring fault" error but it is rare and I have figured out how to fix that little "bug" in the system.
About 3 days ago my auto door stopped closing at night. It is set on a timer. The error said "door fault". So I had to close manually, however the door will just continue to open and close over and over again until I hit the button a second time to make it stop in the closed position.
I was able to close it manually a couple nights and it would reopen on its own in the morning. But today I had to open it manually as well.
I did a factory reset, made no difference. My next step is to disconnect the wire and re connect, but aside from that, I'm clueless. Has anyone had this issue? Is my door just busted permanently?
I did test the crash bar by blocking the entryway with an object, and the sensor successfully detected the object and reopened. But it will just keep opening and closing by itself.
Hello! I have just started to have the identical problem with my omlete door, after I changed the batteries for the first time. I wonder if you got a solution?

Hey, we didn’t realise that there was a problem with our door until today when we found the chickens had all been taken by a fox overnight. I would appear that the door didn’t close due to this fault. Please please if you have this fault have it rectified immediately.

Back
Top Bottom