Help On The Breeds!!!!

FarmerBoy24

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Moreno Valley Ca
Hey, I have a few chickens that are 3-5 months old and I'm not sure what breeds they are? One of them is a rooster though (#1) Maybey you guys can help?? Thanks

72723_805bd081.jpg

72723_8620b765.jpg

72723_4.jpg

72723_84db738a.jpg

Her back
72723_77a7da03.jpg

72723_3eae4428.jpg

72723_8fb980d0.jpg

Thanks For All Of Your Help!!

Quote:
Thats okay. Welcome to the site. Those look like they have some RIR and EE in them, but can't see any specific breed. So, mutt.
wink.png

Quote:
Thats okay. Welcome to the site. Those look like they have some RIR and EE in them, but can't see any specific breed. So, mutt.
wink.png

Not R.I. Red's.

Chris

not RIR but maybe some production red...
and I dont see the EE you speak of... I have EEs and I dont see muffs or beards..... of course there are some w/o but it's not very common.
(you totally didnt ask this but the other two in the last pic look light brahama and black cochin to me... hehe.... testing my breed knowledge... lol. )

Here is what I say officially:

#3 is a polish or polish mix.
#1 is definately part cochin but looks like it may have some wheaten mixed in... possibly.... but it is a cochin mix for sure.
#4 and #5 LOOK like cochin mixes as well but I cant tell if they have feathered legs....
#2 and #6 I havent a clue LOL

Hope I helped atleast a little

#1-partridge cochin roo
#2-RIR mix cockeral
#3-polish mix cockeral-does he have feathers on his legs?
#4-partridge rock mix pullet
#5-RIR mix pullet
#6-production red cockeral

some of the other birds in the back ground have feathered legs also.i think you have several mixes between partridge cochin,production reds and the polish.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom