Help! One got underfoot!

jendodd79

Songster
7 Years
Aug 20, 2012
I was just watering the chicks and one of my 4 week old lavender orp chicks got under foot and squished!!! :( It's not dead, but it flopped around for about 30 seconds while I tried to get a hold of it and then it closed it's eyes. It's still breathing. We brought it inside and have a little care bed for it. It's eyes are closed. I don't think it's neck is broken because it's moved it's legs - Could it just be in shock, should we wait it out and see? I feel so terrible, I have no idea how it even happened :(

fl.gif

I didn't even see it happen, but it was hard. I felt it, so I don't think it was full weight - it happened so fast.

It's breathing at a normal rate and has it's eyes closed and laying down. It's opening and closing it's beak periodically

its just worrying me that it seems like it is sleeping. It opened it's eyes ans stretched itself out a minute ago and then closed them again

Thank you - I put a heating pad under the blankets. I also dipped it's beak in water with a little drop of pure maple syrup and it did drink and then shake it's head. Still with it's eyes closed. I'd say that I probably stepped on it's left side because it seems to be curled a little around that direction. Finger's crossed that it's just in shock - poor thing :(

Back
Top Bottom