HELP!! One of my babies keeps crying

LuLuBelle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Richmond, VA
HELP!! One of my babies keeps crying. I have had to clean up poop around it's but that is all hard and clumpy. Sorry, but its true. Then it goes away and a few days later I do it again. We have had it for a week, and I would say the baby is just about 10 days old maybe.

I have seen the others eat and drink. but I don't think I have really seen this one eat or drink. Seems to be crying out a lot...

I don't know what to do... It doesn't seem to be growing like the others are either...

Please give me ideas... what can I feed the baby?

i haven't had babies that small.

i have read about others using a dropper to put sugar water at the bird's beak to help it perk up.

this response should help bump you up so others with more experience can answer.

best of luck!

If you are giving sugar water, stop! Sugar water after the second day causes them to "paste up" which is what your little one is doing. If clean the vent area daily for a few days it should clear up. It has to be clean or he cannot use the bathroom and will not make it. You might try to keep an eye on her/him and make sure the others are not pushing him away from the water and feed. Hope this helps.

Sounds like pasty butt. You want to get that baby cleaned up and kept cleaned up so it can poop!

Soak a cotton ball with peroxide, and hold it on the little ones butt for a few minutes to soften the poop, and hopefully it will dissolve it all away. Check it several times a day to make sure it isn't clogged again. A clogged vent will quickly kill a baby.

Make sure the chick isn't getting too hot, and is drinking well. Dehydration is a cause of pasty butt, as well as from being too hot.

Back
Top Bottom