Help or Not whats best.

Sissy

Songster
12 Years
Jul 18, 2007
Sevier county, Tn.
I have a few silkys and 3 ameracunas that have been struggling for 3 days to get out of their shell one has had his beak and foot out
should I help to get them out. they were to hatch today but the past 3 days it seems they all were eager to get out.
any one ??

Time to help carefully!
old.gif

Open the bator quickly and get out the one you are going to help first. Maybe spritz the bator air with water. I microwave a wet washcloth to wrap the egg I'm helping. If one has a foot out, he's got it all wrong! Good luck!

from what i have read on here it shouldn't hurt if you do it quickly so they don't get chilled. maybe it would help if you turn the heat on for a lil while to knock the chill off before you do it. that way it's not so much as a temperature shock when you open the bator. did that make sense?

I did help 2 that were having a hard time they
seem to be stuck in a dry hard sack?
one came totally out really wet.
the other is still half in. some eggs are rockin and rollin
droolin.gif

should i help the other out of the sack,it
seems very dry,or
let the rest be. as i am playing Nurse to
Dh he has pneumonia and you guessed it..
th.gif

hes was better yesterday when i brought him home from the
sickbyc.gif
ER.
I think he needs more of the good stuff.
hu.gif

Last edited:
For future reference, if the have zipped or got started zippimg and stayed that way for more than 24 hours you might want to check to see if they are stuck. Alot of times the shell dries to them if they take too long and they cant get out. I always keep a water bottle on mist with really warm water by or in the incubator if big enough so if they get stuck I can spray the egg. Not alot but this gets them unstuck and they can get out of the egg themselves.

Back
Top Bottom