HELP! OUR CHICKS ARE DYING LEFT AND RIGHT

Luckylarson

Chirping
May 25, 2020
We have around 200 chicks right now, a variety of cornish, polish, frizzles, Silkies, sapphire gems, and more. Most of them are about 5 days old, and they are dying left and right. We can't figure out why. We have raised 100s of chicks with no problems. Are other people having problems? Or is it just us? We have lost like 50. Quite a few have been in the mail though. Help please.

There are many possible causes. Shipping stress, and issue with food or water, etc. Not knowing your setup, kind of heat source, how many chicks together in how much space, etc. makes it hard to guess. I personally chose not to ship chicks this year since the PO has been having major issues with deliveries, so shipping stress would have to be considered. I would do the best you can to make sure they are all hydrated, drinking and eating well. See if you are having any pasty butts, or abnormal looking droppings.

We have around 200 chicks right now, a variety of cornish, polish, frizzles, Silkies, sapphire gems, and more. Most of them are about 5 days old, and they are dying left and right. We can't figure out why. We have raised 100s of chicks with no problems. Are other people having problems? Or is it just us? We have lost like 50. Quite a few have been in the mail though. Help please.
Last mail order chicks I got were traumatized.
Stomach upsets. I pump them up on liquid vitamins for a month. Always works!

Last mail order chicks I got were traumatized.
Stomach upsets. I pump them up on liquid vitamins for a month. Always works!
I noticed you said most of them were 5 days old. How old were the other ones? I put some babies in the brooder with some that were around 2 or 3 weeks old and I found several of the smaller ones dead. I think the older ones helped to kill them but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom