HELP! Our flock is dying!!

No, I don’t think so either at this point. If another passes, you can keep it in the fridge for a bit before sending it out.

How is their weight? Is there any chance their feed was/is moldy?

Can you send a picture of your set up? Sometimes that helps people more experienced than me spot environmental things. Was this last chicken eaten by the other chickens (presumably after it died)?
I didn't notice any weight change because I've been very busy.

Possibly their food is moldy? But I don't think so because it seems from what I can tell that one gets sick, dies, then another takes the baton (as it were) and continues the cycle.
Also, we don't have a feeder or anything like that. We feed them a small amount twice a day so I think that we would notice if their food was moldy.

I don't know what ate the last one but, I did see two opossums last night so maybe they did?
Although the bones were pretty picked clean so maybe it was dead long enough for bugs to have cleaned it off?

I may try to send a few pictures of their set up.

Again you have to remember that I've been pretty busy recently so I might not notice as much as I would if I was not.

Thank y'all.

Do you have any chickens alive today or have they all died?

What is there diet? Any mucus or wheezing?
How are they standing?
I haven't noticed any mucus or wheezing.

This is the food that we have them on most of the time.
Sometimes they are out so we have to get 16% layer feed.

What do you mean by "standing." Please clarify.
1685831943550.png

I haven't noticed any mucus or wheezing.

This is the food that we have them on most of the time.
Sometimes they are out so we have to get 16% layer feed.

What do you mean by "standing." Please clarify.View attachment 3528000
Is this the ONLY thing you feed or do you give them scratch or sunflower seeds?

Do you have any chickens alive today or have they all died?
Yes we still have living chickens if that's what you mean?
But I don't know if there are any currently sick. When I finish here I'm going to feed them so I can check then.

Is this the ONLY thing you feed or do you give them scratch or sunflower seeds?
This is mostly all that we feed them. They get scraps from the kitchen almost daily.
But for the most part this is what we feed them.

If you still have one of them, you could send it for a necropsy! @Kiki is typically really good at finding this stuff and making suggestions.
@Caleb1534 I look through som eof your older posts.
Looks like you have had some type of respiratory disease in your flock before.
I wonder if you possibly have Marek's disease. Send your next death to these people and you will get an answer as to what is is killing your birds unless it is the possums killing them.

https://www.clemson.edu/public/lph/index.html

Back
Top Bottom