Help!! Our pullet is a mystery-breed! :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by moonbellemama, May 25, 2016.

1. moonbellemama

moonbellemama New Egg

May 25, 2016
    Huntsville, AL
    Hi all! My husband and I are 8 weeks into our time as chicken owners. Our 4 ladies are spending their FIRST night in the coop tonight! (Ahhhh---nerves!!) We have a beautiful blue-laced red wyandotte, an ancona, an easter egger, and Lorelai-----she is a mystery! She started out as a solid grey chick with blue/grey feet. Since then, she's kept the grey body but grown golden brown feathers on her head and neck. Any idea what breed she might be? I've attached photos for reference.

Lorelai at 2 days old:
    [​IMG]

3 weeks:
    [​IMG]

Today: 8 weeks old:
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!!

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    She could be a Easter Egger, I have one that is similar in shape and looks (though completely different colour) Though she kinda reminds me of a game bird? :)

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Where did you get them? I'm thinking she is some type of Game hen.

4. moonbellemama

moonbellemama New Egg

May 25, 2016
    Huntsville, AL
    Hi guys! I got all except the easter egger from a nearby farmer. I asked her for good layers with docile personalities. She said that Lorelai was a Wheaten. Once I got home and did some research, I realized that was a color type and not the breed---it also doesn't seem to describe her coloring. If it helps, when I was there I did see the mother hen---she was a round hen (a bit smaller than the Wyandottes) with the sable/grey body and reddish/gold head.

5. moonbellemama

moonbellemama New Egg

May 25, 2016
    Huntsville, AL
    Also, I looked up the Old English Game Hen (which is pretty close to her coloring)---the chicks don't look anything like her though. She was solid grey. The feet coloring also seem different on the game hen adults. It's so crazy--I've been trying to guess for 2 months and I'm still at a loss!

6. moonbellemama

moonbellemama New Egg

May 25, 2016
    Huntsville, AL
    UPDATE**

I've waited a few weeks and she's filled out a lot more. Hopefully someone can help me identify her breed! I've found a few that look similar but none seem to start as she did: light grey chick with grey feet. Info and progress pics below! (Sooo many photos but I wanted to be thorough!)

2 DAYS OLD:
    [​IMG]

3 WEEKS OLD:
    [​IMG]

8 WEEKS:
    [​IMG]

NOW---14 WEEKS:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    Hi there! She looks like an Easter Egger to me and very pretty one too! I don't much about game birds though, so it could be possible that she's a game bird. Hopefully someone else can speak up. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by