HELP Over-run with Roos!!! Hudson Valley NY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mycookoonest, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    I was out in the coop yesterday and noticed that our 3rd Roo is starting to crow... NOT A GOOD THING IN A DEVELOPMENT!

So please help a chicken mama out. Anyone want a Roo. I have several bigger roosters that haven't started crowing but would be ok for meat. I think I have never processed a chicken and DH has said we never will... so I'm hoping someone needs some chicken! They really are beautiful birds. I have mixed breeds, EE's, a Welsummer, and a silver seabright

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

If asking online here, post a sign at your local feed store (s), and if you have any health food stores, perhaps you can find someone there. Last year I left my cell phone number at the local Fair poultry barn. 2 roos taken after I said we would murder and eat the 2nd one! lol!!!
    Good luck!

3. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    Anyone??? I guess I will have to post them up on my local feed store board... Craigslist didn't get any bites either. I don't know if people in this area process chicken anymore. [​IMG]

4. carress

carress Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Orange county NY
    I emailed you, I can take your roos.

5. Kecene

Kecene Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2008
    Orange County NY
    I can take all the boys I could pick up late tomorrow or on the weekend. I leave in the woods ( exit 2 on route 84) I sent you an email w/ my cell number

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by