Help! Peacock with something stuck in peak

buddy18

Songster
7 Years
Mar 18, 2016
Hi, I have a peacock that showed up out of the blue at my little farm about 6 days ago. He seems young, there are no other peacocks that I have heard or seen around us. I have chickens that have no idea what to make of him. He seems lonely, not that I know anything about Peacocks. We were noticing he's not eating much. Looked up what they eat and put it out there and he's not eating. Come to see a stick or feather stuck in his peak that he can not get out. So we tried to catch him, we failed. I don't know what to do. He lets me get about 3 feet from, in the beginning he would not let you even get close. I don't if he's getting weaker, it's frustrating, I could pull it out but obviously that's not going to happen. Can't reach him at night he goes way up to roost. Any idea's? I don't want him to die. I wish I knew his story, how the heck he showed up here.

Maybe two one with large fishing net? One trying to herd if he can’t eat he won’t last long. Poor thing
We have a large net which we bought just in case we needed to catch one of our chickens. It's big but he's bigger. Will try again.

Don't chase him or scare him with blankets and nets, it is not likely to work and will make him harder to catch. Entice him into an enclosed area like the chicken coop or your garage then shut the door and use the net if you have one. If he is not eating he will get weaker and easier to catch. When herding a peacock go very slow and easy, stay back and let him walk.

Unfortunately he died yesterday, horrible he just couldn't breath. Tried everything I could think of, have not idea why he was gasping. It would seem like he all of a sudden would stand, but his breath became more labored. Looked in his throat and it looked like there had pus on his upper and lower throat in the back. It was heartbreaking, he was so beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom