HELP!! PHOTO is this the start of angel wing

jelly beeny

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
I have 3 ducks of different ages and breeds and after giving them all a bath yesterday I noticed my white Campbell Jemima had a funny looking bit on her wing

Her flight feathers are just starting to grow so she is still kinda young but I dont know exactly how old she is.

I am still learning when it comes to ducks so not sure if this is angel wing or not.

If it is what do I do to fix it and how do I do it.

Iv read that there diet can be the cause of it so this is a list of what they eat.
They are on duck grower pellets with lots of fresh water also they get some tomatoes and lettuce and they eat the dogs food too (poor dog)
They are in the house at night but are out in a pen during the day or walking around the garden when we are out with them so get plenty of grass and bugs too.

They get a bath every other day and Jemima loves it alot more than my two muscovys.
They are pets but are never restricted from going outside or what they eat

Thank you

I have 3 ducks of different ages and breeds and after giving them all a bath yesterday I noticed my white Campbell Jemima had a funny looking bit on her wing

Her flight feathers are just starting to grow so she is still kinda young but I dont know exactly how old she is.

I am still learning when it comes to ducks so not sure if this is angel wing or not.

If it is what do I do to fix it and how do I do it.

Iv read that there diet can be the cause of it so this is a list of what they eat.
They are on duck grower pellets with lots of fresh water also they get some tomatoes and lettuce and they eat the dogs food too (poor dog)
They are in the house at night but are out in a pen during the day or walking around the garden when we are out with them so get plenty of grass and bugs too.

They get a bath every other day and Jemima loves it alot more than my two muscovys.
They are pets but are never restricted from going outside or what they eat

Thank you
Looks like it is her pin feathers coming in, which means she is growing up, these are her adult feathers they will be full of blood also called blood feathers, you may also notice as they grow that she seems to have a hard time holding them up, not to worry she will get stronger and they will be fine.

Thank you for all the welcomes. They are lovely

Its just that one little feather that seems to be sticking out in the wrong direction to the others

Sorry if I come accros as silly by asking if thats what it is I just want to make sure she is a happy and healthy.

Xxx

Thank you for all the welcomes. They are lovely

Its just that one little feather that seems to be sticking out in the wrong direction to the others

Sorry if I come accros as silly by asking if thats what it is I just want to make sure she is a happy and healthy.

Xxx
You are not being silly at all, could the feather your talking about have been broken? I really don't think it's angel wing. But keep an eye on it, some say nutrition plays a part in Angel wing others are beginning to think genetics is the culprit. But make sure her diet has not only her basic feed but greens and outdoor time in the sunshine on warm days and niacin or brewers yeast till around 12 weeks of age. for strong legs. lots of good info here. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/256233/ducks-sticky-topics-index

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom