Help Pics added!!

horseyjess

Songster
14 Years
Sep 2, 2009
SW Florida
This forum looks pretty quiet. I need help with my little peacock. I posted under the emergencys/disease forum please see if you can help!! I realy appreciate it!!

Last edited:
post your problem in this forum... and we would be happy to help. Peafowl require different care and treatment than chickens, so becareful of the advice you receive. When in doubt, go to the Unitied Peafowl Assoc web site and forum.

Quote:
Ok well here is the post. I poseted it over there because it seems like this forum is not so buys and I am really in need of help for this guy!!
Thanks

I have been neglectful I will start by saying that firstly. So I am sorry before I get chastized. He has been fed a good 20% feed and watered. I know nothing about peafowl. We purchaced him at the auction and I was waiting to make sure he didnt have any disease and that I could get rid of some of my big boy roosters so they didnt pick on everyone. So I caged him like I have caged my new chickens MANY MANY MANY times. The cage was smaller but he could stand and had food and water he cold also lay down and walk a little. I moved my last large Roo into a big cage to give him to his new home tomorrow. So I put everyone that was in the cage in the coupe tonight. Well after I took him out and set him on the ground his legs look messed up now. I didnt notice it while he was in the cage but here is where the neglect comes in because I would feed water and go. Or had the kids feed and water. He is flighty so the kids never took him out and I have been busy and havent given him any time out or on the ground in about 3 almost 4 weeks. What can I do please help? I feel so terrible right now. When I put him down in the coupe none of the hens or Gunieas or Banny Roos are messing with him. He hobbled to the food and water. But it is like he is walking on his legs not his feet!! PLEASE HELP !!!

40479_pa080869.jpg

40479_pa080868.jpg

40479_pa080865.jpg

40479_pa080864.jpg

Back
Top Bottom