Help! Pip on estimated day 16?!

I've heard that if they pip with enough force to crack the egg that it will break the membrane. I've found that to be true but would not want to guarantee you that it's a "yes". If you're nervous you can do a safety hole or simply do a quick check under the pip/broken shell. I'm guessing you can see what's up upon closer inspection. It's not advised to mess with hatching eggs but no harm will be done to an otherwise healthy developed chick from having it out of the incubator for a few seconds. There is a lot that may or may not be going on with this egg. Your call.

I really don’t know 😅 Having never done this before it’s so hard to know. I do know it’s been more than 9 hours and it’s still not accomplished enough to see a beak. This is the egg with the crack from early on as well. I think I’ll watch for a while longer before deciding. Anything I should watch for as warning signs before it’s too late? Thank you for all of your help! I feel like you’ve held my hand from when I first started with my son removing eggs from the broody by mistake to now. 🥰 I think I’d go crazy if it wasn’t for everyone on here honestly.

Update: We have a baby chick :jumpy
Thank you again everyone for all the advice and help! 😁

Attachments

• AAB7797A-589C-48B4-9745-AC56E924353F.jpeg
    AAB7797A-589C-48B4-9745-AC56E924353F.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 8
I was just coming to check this thread for updates. Just in time for the best type possible. Beautiful chick. Congratulations! :wee :love

Did you get to watch it zip?

Yes we did 😁 My boys and I have watched all evening so we got to experience the whole unzipping and finally making it out. I was worried for a while bc it was taking so long. I’m glad I was patient 😊 Beautiful experience to have enjoyed with my sons.

Now the poor thing is lonely and peeping like crazy! But it seems healthy and I’m so excited for a yellow fluffy butt haha. I kind of expected it to look like an EE bc of the daddy.

Yes we did 😁 My boys and I have watched all evening so we got to experience the whole unzipping and finally making it out. I was worried for a while bc it was taking so long. I’m glad I was patient 😊 Beautiful experience to have enjoyed with my sons.

Now the poor thing is lonely and peeping like crazy! But it seems healthy and I’m so excited for a yellow fluffy butt haha. I kind of expected it to look like an EE bc of the daddy.
How special for you all. Your patience was rewarded. Healthy chick and wonderful memory. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom