Help! Pip on estimated day 16?!

Ok another question: It’s looking like this baby will be alone. I’d like to get one of the chicks we left with the broody momma and bring it for company. She has 3 with her. It’s about a week old now and around the same size. Is that a bad idea? What would I watch for as far as signs of trouble?

congrats!
i dont know whether shed accept the chick or not but -
my main concern is that mom will be expecting the level of activity and cold hardiness of week old chicks and wont understand that the new one requires extra care.

congrats!
i dont know whether shed accept the chick or not but -
my main concern is that mom will be expecting the level of activity and cold hardiness of week old chicks and wont understand that the new one requires extra care.

We brought one of the week old babies from outside with the momma and put in our brooder with the baby. So far so good, just a little picking on one another. I was thinking the momma wouldn’t accept it bc of the age difference. Thanks for kinda confirming that thought. 😊

We brought one of the week old babies from outside with the momma and put in our brooder with the baby. So far so good, just a little picking on one another. I was thinking the momma wouldn’t accept it bc of the age difference. Thanks for kinda confirming that thought. 😊
we did that when we had a single peachick. stole a couple young chicks from a hen to keep him company. she had plenty and didnt notice the difference.

Back
Top Bottom