Help please!! ASAP!!

Pics
I'd just like to add that they really do not need water in the coop at night, as they do not drink at night. I don't know if removing it would give your chickens any significant extra space, but it might help. At your temperatures, though, removing it will certainly lower the odds of your birds getting frostbite on their combs and wattles. You do have lovely birds!

Your right, its not a terrible diet, but it is lacking nutrients which is probably what is causing then to pull feathers out so badly.
yeah, if she cant get to the feed store she should at least add some scrambled eggs (protein) and crushed egg shells (calcium) and apple scraps (iron)

Thb
I'd just like to add that they really do not need water in the coop at night, as they do not drink at night. I don't know if removing it would give your chickens any significant extra space, but it might help. At your temperatures, though, removing it will certainly lower the odds of your birds getting frostbite on their combs and wattles. You do have lovely birds!
Thank you!

If you can do your best to make sure they have enough room and aren’t crowded - the more space they have the better, but there’s many creative ways to accomplish this. You don’t need to have a chicken mansion (although I wish I had one). As @LateBirdFarms said, even letting them out earlier perhaps. Or removing a nesting box - I think you have 2?
Also, try to get some chicken food as soon as you can. Making your own food is complicated, but perhaps you can research that option after your birds are integrated if you’d like.
If you do these things it may make it easier to integrate the new chickens successfully.
In ur opinion do u think it’s nessescary to separate them? Because they are okay with having her beside them or sitting near them BUT if she takes their food when I give treats or she bothers them some way they try and chase her like scare her and as runs she doesn’t get pecked on much but still does if they are inside

Watch for any bleeding or bloody spots on your pecked hen. Chickens will really pick at any red spots and could do her some serious harm. If you see blood, you do need to separate her until you can cover any wounds with Blu-Kote or something similar to protect her.

Last edited:
Watch for any bleeding or bloody spots on your pecked hen. Chickens will really pick at any red spots and could do her some serious harm. If you see blood, you do need to separate her until you can cover any wounds with Blu-Kote or something similar to protect her.
There was tiny blood at the stem of the feathers in her back but the others can’t see it

In ur opinion do u think it’s nessescary to separate them? Because they are okay with having her beside them or sitting near them BUT if she takes their food when I give treats or she bothers them some way they try and chase her like scare her and as runs she doesn’t get pecked on much but still does if they are inside
Multiple feeders and waterers spread out is a good thing to have.

Back
Top Bottom