1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help Please! Chicken breathing heavy

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pinkfeather, Jan 14, 2010.

1. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    Hi everyone,

Tonight when I went out to lock up my cluckers, I noticed 1 of my bantam hens was breathing very heavy. She also sneezed a couple of times. She's a 3 year old Serama hen. She's not laying (none of my seramas lay in the winter though) but she's still eats and drinks fine. She seemed fine yesterday. I just wormed her with fenbenzal (incase of gape worms) and we gave her a .10th of a cc of Tylan 200 in a piece of bread that she ate. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what she has and if I should give her anything else.

Thanks! Oh, and I don't know what her poop looks like yet.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I'm sorry, I can't help, but maybe a more experienced member can give a hand

3. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    What does her comb look like, does it look different in color?

4. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    Thanks for the replies. I've been really busy. But, good news, she seems all better now! [​IMG] The next day I heard her clucking and went to check on her, and saw her lay an egg! After that she was breathing fine, then started scratching around! I kept her seperate for a few more days and watched her just incase, but she seemed all back to normal. Go figure. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by