Help please! Early hatching issues

pippymcpipster

Hatching
Apr 18, 2016
Ohio
I am hatching silkies in a little giant 9300 with fan and egg turner. My 2nd hatch. I have another thermometer inside to gauge temp and humidity.Temp has been 99.5 the whole time and humidity kept between 30-35%. (just fyi purposes)Yesterday(Day 18) I woke up to chirps got excited and ran to incubator to get it in lockdown. 2 chicks had pipped and started zipping. I had candled them the evening before and none had even pipped. So, I created a steam room in my bathroom in order to get them out of egg turner without hurting them. I waited til temp and humidity were 85 degrees and 60%(more humidity than was in incubator) These chicks continue to chirp now(over 24 hours later) but have not progressed.

I was wondering if they could be shrink wrapped or stuck because of the low humidity when they started pipping/zipping. How long should I wait? Any other info, ideas, suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Here's a pic of one

Thank you both! I was so scared to do it.. But I freed them and they're bouncing around chirping like crazy.. Waking up the others! Everything I read was back and forth.. But I knew it was my fault I didn't lock them down earlier.. They knew when to pip and zip :)

Back
Top Bottom