Help Please! Feeding Herbs

MicheleC

Chirping
8 Years
May 15, 2011
Lake Charles
Hi everyone! I have been researching feeding herbs to chickens for increased egg production and other medicinal qualities. My daughter has to do a Science Project and we figured what better project since we were looking into it anyway. The problem is, I don't have time to grow seeds or wait for plants to mature. We have opted to use powdered forms since they are readily available to make up for the project's time frame. We read that combining Nettles, Comfrey and Seaweed can begin egg production in non laying hens. My question is, how much of each and how often? Any help would be Greatly Appreciated, my daughter's grade depends on it! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!

Sorry, I've never heard of that. I can see where it might help chickens that have had a poor diet, since those particular supplements would provide a lot of micro-nutrients. Where did you read that?

I have been looking for the site, my computer crashed. Something about the mix says can increase even during winter. I figured can't hurt to try, like u said, its minerals/vitamins anyway.

Back
Top Bottom