help please, frizzle/cochan has feather problems

No, it won't hurt them. Make sure you provide them some oyster shell in a separate dish somewhere for added calcium and they will be fine. I mix their grit and oyster shell together in a cage bowl hooked on the side of their pen and they get whatever they need. They line up and eat it like candy.

deb g

Sounds like a frizzle + frizzle = frazzle. Frazzles will not have healthy feathers and will instead sport pin feathers. Be careful if you trim the feathers. If you cut a blood feather, your chicken could bleed to death.

:)thank you for the advice...yes I have decided to not trim the wind feathers for that same fear...I am thinking about coating the tips with a rubber they make for tools.....I think if I file down the sharp points & just dab a bit of that on it might help & its only a small amount over the sharp area of the wing feathers....When I can I am going to the tractor supply thats a 1/2 hour away & get the game/show bird feed for him to see if that will also help...he doesn't seem to mind being with out alot of his feathers & the hens don't peck at him...thank goodness but I want him to be as healthy as he can be & if this game/show bird feed helps him I will be thrilled......M'

Back
Top Bottom