Help Please Got these Roosters and so confused on a few levels?

With the single combs, feather color, clean faces etc they really look like hatchery RIR or Production Reds (RIR is one of those breeds where there is a big difference between show/heritage birds and hatchery birds, so hatchery "RIR" are often referred to as Production Reds) ... they should be fine in a Red Sex Link breeding program for you, they probably carry the genetics for very good egg production.
Easter Eggers are mixed breed chickens that (hopefully) carry the blue egg shell gene. The blue egg shell gene is closely situated to the peacomb gene, which is why most Easter Eggers have peacombs as well as the beards/cheek puffs... those boys don't have any of that.
The Splash Laced Red Wyandottes, look like typical hatchery ones, they are usually nice temperamented roos if anyone is looking for a flock rooster, they are one of my favorite breeds, the Blue Laced Reds are one of my all time favorite chicken colors.

Thank you Kelsie! I have not had a chance to talk to my Mom on the update with the roosters. I will be trying to go visit her soon and will look over that Red's feet real good. She can't do all that on her own. I will be checking out the links you sent me. Totally read the Bumble foot one. I'm hoping to breed that Red roo with my Silver Laced Wyndottes to make sexlinks. The Wyndotte Roo is beautiful and has the most pretty crow. Heard him over the phone, but he is a super bully I hear.

Back
Top Bottom