Help please HELPED

bnward5

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 11, 2009
Trinidad Co
Picking up a new best friend Sunday

Hi I am in Trinidad Colorado, I have a adolecent Indian runner duck, she lost her best and only friend last Sunday she is getting more and more depressed and I am very worried about her. I have to ducklings coming either tomorrow or the next day. They will not be able to go out with her for another 4-5 weeks and I am afraid she will not make it. I was wondering if anybody knew anyone that was selling or willing to sale a older duck, regardless of breed or sex. I have been through all the pet classifieds and the few promising ones have fallen through

Last edited:
Unfortunately, you are too far from me to take a drake or two
big_smile.png
But have you thought of keeping the babies outside? I don't know how the temps are where you live, but if it is relatively warm (like 50's and 60's daytime) the baby ducks would be just fine outside with a coop and heat light. You could even have a little run on their coop, and your adult duck could come and visit the babies.

Do you have any livestock auctions in your area? Ducks are not susceptible to many diseases, so buying a duck from an auction carries less risk than buying chickens does. You should ask at your local feed store and see if there are any nearby. I'm sure you could find many ducks there.

I hope you get a buddy for your duck
fl.gif

have you tried posting an ad on craigslist? really it works - i just sold a gander to a woman who posted on thursday, i sent an email that same day, and we agreed to meet on on sunday (i go to church in her same town).

you'd be surprised at how helpful folks are on craigslist in the farm and garden section.

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom