Help Please..in The Middle Of Helping Duckling From Egg+NEW PICS

1234duck

Songster
9 Years
Jan 6, 2011
Upper Lake, California
How far do i go? i poked hole & removed shell from air bubble. baby is moving. there is a white layer on top of the 2 babies/2 separate eggs & 1 egg/baby didnt have the all white ~(ALL WHITE,IS THAT THE MEMBRANE??) ~IF NO WHITE LAYER /MEMBRANE, DOES THAT MEAN IT PIP IN THE AIR SAK?? Now babies are wrapped in a damp, warm, wash cloth in incubator. they dont seem to be moving now. i couldnt get any of the white stuff/membrane off or make a hole to see beak * Does there NEED TO BE A HOLE IN MEMBRANE FOR BABY TO BREATH?? }}}}MORE PICTURES OF THE EGGS ADDED{{{

Last edited:
If the membrane is white is is too dry. Mist it with water- DO NOT remove any more shell yet until you can see if there is still blood in the veins or not.

Can you take a photo at all?? It can be really hard to give advise without knowing things for sure.

Last edited:
Your last hatch was late too- makes me think humidity and temp is a recurring issue with your incubator. It can take a few attempts to get things working right when you first get an incubator. You will get things worked out and start having good hatches soon Im sure. Will wait for the photos....

here is pictures thank you soooo much
love.gif
75632_dsc01126.jpg
75632_dsc01124.jpg
75632_dsc01122.jpg

Ok.so I take it the photos were taken after misting the eggs.... I can still see some larger veins in those eggs. Dont take off any of the shell.. I am trying to look for sign of where the beaks are- but I can maybe only see it on the middle photo. But the top egg is really hard to tell... the bottom one looks like the duckling may be the wrong way in the egg. CAn you see movement that looks like it could be a beak moving up and down at all?

they became very active when i was poking holes ect.. then they acted life less TILL i misted them a little bit ago. the pic with yellow in it didnt have all that white. the first 2 pictures /eggs look like there might b yolk they looked more slimy. Why do they look so different?

Sorry to jump in here but I really could use some help to! I just posted my own topic but I figure since the two of you are on here I could ask. I have call ducks in the incubator, today is day 26. It's my first batch of ducks, i've done chickens before. It's my understanding these guys have a really tough time hatching. Anyways, some of them have lost their blood vesseling, have no internal or external pip, but are still moving. Do you think it's worth popping off some of the shell above the air sac so they don't loose all oxygen options?

Back
Top Bottom