Help Please..in The Middle Of Helping Duckling From Egg+NEW PICS

Any progress with you eggs? Im hoping you get a result
smile.png

well so much for those eggs.. Actually ITS SO MUCH MORE THAN JUST THOSE EGGS, because they WEREN'T just eggs, I could see the duckling moving & Breathing. I feel REAL BAD that I killed these little babies, even though I thought I was doing the right thing by trying to help them. I can say that I DID LEARN some things, like I know what its like to poke holes in the shell and how much to chip away these little things & much more, might seem dumb but when its your 1st time to do these things it can be nerve racking cuz you dont want to injure the duckling. ~I did hatch (1)egg successfully, the cutest little duckling ever. Its name is "LUCKY DUCKY". ~Lucky to be Alive.~ THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TEMP & HUMIDITY!! Mine was ALWAYS off, either up or down never steady. FINALLY I can say that I DO know how to Control the humidity now. * By placing 2 or 3 DAMP wash cloths/rags with very WARM WATER ON THEM ON the bottom of the incubator AND a container with warm water also in the incubator. This 100% works great for KEEPING HUMIDITY UP & STEADY to 80+. }}}}In PICTURES# 3,4,5 They are the same egg.~ See the little hole in the membrane? Thats where the Beak was, we found out after the duckling had died.{{{{ ~THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME & ALL THE HELPFUL POSTS, ~Julie

We all learn a little more as we go along. Don't be too hard on yourself. I've had to help them out a little too and it is hard knowing how much to help and how to help. I'm glad that you have "Lucky Ducky" Take care!!!

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I know that this can be so scary and heartbreaking. You try to do your best and then feel horrible guilt and failure if something goes wrong. It was just under 2 weeks ago that I sobbed after each one of my 2 ducklings that didn't make it died. While it's painful, we do learn from this.

Lucky Ducky is really fortunate to have such a caring and devoted duck mom.

Amanda

Back
Top Bottom