Help Please! Injured Chick!

If it's not a slipped tendon then it may be a bone deformity. That could be from nutritional deficiencies in the parent stock, or incubation issues. It's hard to say. If vet care is an option, then imaging might answer that, but I know the expense is often to high or there is not access to a good avian vet. Good luck with the chick.
I haven't had issues with parent stock yet, so fingers crossed! I don't have access to avian vet care. She's a smart bird, and she'll be in a pen her whole life. I will watch for her quality of life. I can update you as she grows if you'd like.

Updating this thread is always good, someone down the road may come accross it and be helped by what they find here. I hope she does well. Splinting might be an option to keep it in a more normal and less painful position. As she gets heavier, it might be needed. But while she's growing you'd have to keep close watch and change it often.

Updating this thread is always good, someone down the road may come accross it and be helped by what they find here. I hope she does well. Splinting might be an option to keep it in a more normal and less painful position. As she gets heavier, it might be needed. But while she's growing you'd have to keep close watch and change it often.
I'll definitely watch for difficulties. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom