HELP please! Is my chicken sick? or just lazy?

salleecarvalho

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2016
Mint Hill
Hey y'all. I need help. My Americana is just over one year old. Beginning within the normal range - she started laying her green eggs. She normally laid 4-6 eggs a week last summer. In the winter she had taken a 5-6 week period with not a single egg (which I assumed was normal for her breed and the time of year). She began laying again just fine. Now it has been more than 9 weeks since she has laid. The only thing that seems different is that is seems as though she is larger under her vent in between her legs. It does feel squishy - but not really like a water balloon - but it feels almost the same as her crop. It may have always been there - but after I started feeling around about 5-6 weeks ago I noticed it. I have done a vent exam to check for egg and there is none. The funny thing is that she does not seem to be at all sick, in pain, or abnormal in any other way. She eats, drinks, walks normal and hangs out with the other chickens... excited to get her meal worms like usual. I see no bugs on her or worms in her poop. Her butt is clean - vent looks normal. (I did the warm soak just in case.) Her comb is red and looks no different than it had. I have caught her in the nesting box maybe 3-4 times - just sitting there... not straining - and then when she sees me - she just gets up and walks away. What the heck is going on?? Is she sick?? Or just lazy and not earning her keep?

Well just in case something is wrong here is what I would do for the whole flock.
WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE FOR CHICKENS WITH ANY HEALTH PROBLEMS
Also feed for life of chicken.
WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE FOR YOUR CHICKENS HEALTH.
Glenda Heywood...
ACV by Bragg's is sold by Amazon and at Walmart. (remember to get Bragg's Unpasturized, as it has the "brown mother" in the bottom of the bottle.)

Glenda Heywood
My Daughter JoAnna Mertz feeds this wet mash probiotic several times a week to our 10 hens, 5 buff orpingtons 5plymouth rocks, and they are eating it up in 30 minutes.

Glenda Heywood To make the WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE HERE IT IS
(A) TAKE 2 CUPS OF DRY CRUMBLES OR PELLETS,
(B) 1 TSP OF DRY FLAX SEED MEAL (THAT IS FOR HUMANS)
(C) PUT 4 CUPS OF MILK ANY KIND SOUR OR FRESH, 1 tbsp of dry flax seed meal,
(D) AND 2 TBSP OF THE BRAGG;S ACV.

(E) ALSO 1 /2CUP OF UNFLAVORED YOUGART.

(D) MIX GOOD. PUT IT IN GLASS CONTAINER, AND KEEP ON THE COUNTER OVER NIGHT.

(E) IF IN THE MORNING YOU CAN ADD ANOTHER CUP OF MILK TO THE MIX TO MAKE IT SOLUBLE, like cookie dough, not soupy,

(F) DO NOT MAKE IT SOUPY AS CHICKENS DO NOT LIKE IT SOUPY.
(G) IF THE MIX IS OKAY IN THE MORNING AND NOT TOO DRY FEED IT IN THE GLASS CONTAINER SO ALL THE CHICKENS CAN GET TO IT.

(H) I USED 2 VERY LARGE GLASS PIE PLATES. AND THEN CLEAN THE PIE PLATES BY BRING THEM BACK TO THE HOUSE.

(I) FEED THIS AMOUNT TO EACH CHICKEN 3 tbsp of mix when wet, so make your recipe to fit all amount of chickens to be fed.
(J) WHEN MIXING FOR 1 CHICKEN DO THISIE: take 3 tbsp of dry feed and add 6 tbsp of milk, 1/4 tsp of dry flax seed meal, 1 tbsp of yougart plain kind, 1 tsp ACV,

(K) nOW IF THE CHICKEN IS SICK ADD THIS TO THE WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE
(L) 1 Vit E capsule buy cutting end of capsule off and squeezing it into the wet mix.
(M) 1-Vit B tablet crushed in table spoon and add a little water to disolve crushed tablet and then add to wet mash
(N) 1- Selenium tablet crushed in tbsp and add little water to it and then add to wwet mash.
(O) now mx good and feed sick chicken every day for 7 days
(P) now feed it 5 times for second week.
(P) then 2 times a week for life.
(Q) feed all healthy chickens 2 times a week for life WITH VITAMINS ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS.

Back
Top Bottom