Help please...Just came home with 2 Muscovy ducks...

harleyjo

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2010
SW Iowa
We went to a job today and came home with 2 muscovy ducklings that are 3 weeks old. I know nothing about ducks. I just started my first chicks 2 months ago. Tell me in a nutshell what I need to know please. I will post some pictures later. Thanks.

Just know they are MESSY. WAY more so than chickens. I had to separate my male Muscovy from my chickens because he started killing them--breeding them accidentally killing and attacking/killing the roosters. Also, their filthy water habits can lead to muddy runs & cocci. Other than that, they're GREAT! They can be very personable, friendly, funny ducks. I LOVE mine. I have two pens of them.

Interesting about separating them. She had them all together. I also don't know whether they are boys or girls. Here is a pic.
56696_dsc07863.jpg
[/img]

muscovies can be the SWEETEST ducks!! i have 3 babies in my room, 2 mallards and a scovy who hatched from my drake and hen.. the scovy likes me better and spends more time with me. here is a pic of my drake and i. he is the sweetest boy!!!

46966_duckie_and_mom_05.jpg

Quote:
lovesduckies,

i adore that picture of you and your drake.
you both look so happy!
I dont remember if I said so on your other thread.
that look in his eye! he knows who loves him, and he knows he is the best!

harleyjo,
those are beautiful babies.
they are adorable.

beth

Quote:
lovesduckies,

i adore that picture of you and your drake.
you both look so happy!
I dont remember if I said so on your other thread.
that look in his eye! he knows who loves him, and he knows he is the best!

harleyjo,
those are beautiful babies.
they are adorable.

beth

thank you. he knows his mommy loves him and he loves me too. he's always been a mommy's boy. we got closer when he was in my room and my hen was layin on eggs. he stops whatever he's doing to wag his tail and "laugh" that's what i call it LOL

to the OP scovies can be the best ducks. just takes TLC and time <3

What a sweet picture! I don't know a thing about ducks. They sure could be younger, I am just going by what I was told. I see they have different colored feet. How do you sex these babies?

Back
Top Bottom