HELP! Please sell me your older model hovabator :-(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by exop, Jan 10, 2009.

1. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Dear forum members, I recently used a borrowed hovabator, a few years old, to hatch out a clutch of fantastic silkies.

Unfortuanately, the bottom tray of the incubator was left in a non-chicken-proofed location... where it fell fell victim to some chickens who found out they loved to peck apart styrofoam.

The new hovabators have curvy corners - this hovabator is from about 5 years ago, I think, and has square corners, so the bottom tray from the new model won't fit on it. I just want to fix the hovabator and make this right. Does anyone have an old bottom tray, or a complete old hovabator, that I can buy? I'll gladly pay the price of a new hovabator. It doesn't have to be in pristine condition, as long as it doesn't look like crubled feta cheese. :-(

The company no longer makes bottom tray replacements for the old hovabator, and no one has them in stock any longer.

Thanks for your help- I'm DESPERATE!

Best - exop in Indiana

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    [​IMG]

Sorry the chickens got to it. I hope someone comes along to help.

If you are willing to pay the price of a new hovabator to make it right, why not just buy a new one and give that back to your friend. You can then take the parts from the top and make you a homemade bator. That way you both win!!

3. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Do the LG incubators have the square trays? I was thinking that they do. You could possibly try one of those and see if it will work. They may not be the same size.

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    LGs are square, but they're not the same size & the top sits outside the edges of the bottom instead of inside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by