Help please, sick chick

leahsep

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 17, 2014
I have a small amount on bantam chicks. At about a week old, one of them acted sick and did not want to move. After a few days, it was up and acting normal again. None of the other chicks have acted like they are sick and they all seem normal. Now they are about 6-7 weeks old and the same chick is sick again. It is just laying in the run and sleeping. It is eating and drinking some and moving very little. All of the chicks are on medicated starter feed and have been since I got them...... what is wrong?? Ideas..... this is day 2 the chick has not been feeling well, and still, the other chickens are just fine...... Could it be this chick has a chronic condition?

You could try sav-a-chick and see if that helps. Sad to say this is, but sometimes there is failure to thrive and nature takes it course. Good luck, I hope yours makes it!

Thank you for the advise. This is my first time trying to raise chickens and it is just so sad. I know that sometimes nature reclaims them, but I had hoped that after it got better the first time that it would have made it. My husband wants to dispatch it, but I cannot bring myself to do it.... call me a mush, but at least it has some chance if we let nature do her thing....

Back
Top Bottom