1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help please...What do you call this type of roofing?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Carrie Lynn, Nov 15, 2011.

  1. Carrie Lynn

    Carrie Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

    Aug 30, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    I'm having a friend roof my run. He needs me to find sources for the roofing material, but I don't know what it's called....I'm no handywoman. I'm looking for a fiberglass (?) frosted wavy (corrugated) material you frequently seen on coop or shed roofs made out of metal.

    My run is 12'x6' so I'm looking for large pieces. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

    Thanks in advance,
    Carrie Lynn
  2. Carrie Lynn

    Carrie Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

    Aug 30, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    No, looks like thick plastic [​IMG]
  3. Olwethen

    Olwethen Out Of The Brooder

    Jul 4, 2011
    near Athens GA
    Try Lowes. Ours has something similar to what you are talking about.

  4. greenfamilyfarms

    greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

    Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:If it is wavy like the picture I posted but it's plastic, it's probably the stuff used to make greenhouses. I can't remember what it's called either...
  5. NovaAman

    NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

    I was just going to say they have it in lowes. I do believe in 8ft long sections that are only about 2 feet wide. Both plastics/fiberglass and tin types.
  6. Imp

    Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

    I don't think it has a special name. Try googling Corrugated Fiberglass panel or Fiberglass roofing panel.

  7. Hawkeye95

    Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps


    Lowes has a nice selection of corrugated metal, plastic and Ondura roofing. It's all back there together so you can compare prices easily. Most of it comes in 8 ft sections by 4 foot wide. However, Ondura is shorter.
  8. GA_in_GA

    GA_in_GA Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jul 2, 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    Ondura or Tuftex roof panels, maybe? Both can be purchased at Lowes and Home Depot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by