Help, please! What is plaguing my chickens?

How are they?
Hi thanks for asking! I am trying to get the cheese tested to see if it's bacteria or virus. (We tested for worms earlier in the process and it was negative.) The vet of course wants me to bring her in (chaching). I have an appointment this afternoon. Will keep you all updated. Other than that, she is the sweetest if my birds and always happy to see me!

Hi thanks for asking! I am trying to get the cheese tested to see if it's bacteria or virus. (We tested for worms earlier in the process and it was negative.) The vet of course wants me to bring her in (chaching). I have an appointment this afternoon. Will keep you all updated. Other than that, she is the sweetest if my birds and always happy to see me!
Good news! Ugh, yes vet care is so expensive!

It could also be fungal.

Update ($300 later). She has two demineralizing eggs inside her. She has a fever. We are putting her on strong antibiotics and hoping for the best.
She was great at the vet's

IMG_20230724_160406106_HDR.jpg

Did they talk about a suprelorin implant? That is not inexpensive, but can be done if wanted. It's a hormone implant that stops them ovulating. It has to be redone periodically also. If she's a pet, that is an option to maybe let her live longer, if she recovers from the infection. But cost can be an issue for many. You can search for threads here by people that have had it done.

Did they talk about a suprelorin implant? That is not inexpensive, but can be done if wanted. It's a hormone implant that stops them ovulating. It has to be redone periodically also. If she's a pet, that is an option to maybe let her live longer, if she recovers from the infection. But cost can be an issue for many. You can search for threads here by people that have had it done.
We did talk about that. This vet doesn't do them. There might be another vet a bit further away that does them. But cost might be prohibitive. Something to check into if she recovers. does anyone know what the chances are that she could lay normally after this? (Knowing that the odds of her recovery are slim)

Back
Top Bottom