HELP please xx Bruised Muscovy duck egg

Thank you. I can see the beak. There is like a flap of egg ‘skin’ over it. The bill is opening and closing but no noise. Worried the hatched chick will knock this weaker one?
I got his bill out at about 4pm. (4 hours ago)
Should I just leave it like that till morning now?
I don’t want to mess too much x

Thank you. I can see the beak. There is like a flap of egg ‘skin’ over it. The bill is opening and closing but no noise. Worried the hatched chick will knock this weaker one?
I got his bill out at about 4pm. (4 hours ago)
Should I just leave it like that till morning now?
I don’t want to mess too much x
The opening and closing of the bill is what I mean by "yawning" they will also make a movement with their bill that looks like chewing.
Those are both indicators that they are still absorbing yolk.

That "egg skin"
Is membrane. You do not want to let that stuff get stuck to its bill, or dried onto the down feathers.
As long as there are no visible veins you can peel that stuff back away from it.

There are some veins still stuck on it. It’s quiet thick and tough under the eggshell!
I gently pulled a bit and it bled slightly so I left it alone.

Help please. He’s chirping very quietly! But the thick egg skin still has veins and it’s dry and hard. When I tried to peel, it bleeds slightly.
should I leave it over night?

This was at 3am. Where I’ve picked the shell off; When I shine a torch I can see tiny veins all through the inner membrane. So I can’t peel it back anymore; only cut away the dry membrane.
It’s still moving and cheeping quietly. Seems smaller than the other duckling.
many advice? I’m picking tiny bits every three hours - through the night too. Any advice? Thank you x

Attachments

• 2442FCFA-3599-4FCD-8BE3-0C8D46CD6A35.jpeg
    2442FCFA-3599-4FCD-8BE3-0C8D46CD6A35.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom