HELP please xx Bruised Muscovy duck egg

It’s 4am and he is attached to the egg by a dried bit of membrane from a red bit on his tummy/bottom? Hard to tell. He’s peeping but eyes shut and moving around the incubator on its side, legs and everything out, but attached to the egg still.
I didn’t know whether to pull the egg shell off or leave it to drop off naturally. Xx

Attachments

• EA64B673-7734-4A44-9329-56B99DBA4A96.jpeg
    EA64B673-7734-4A44-9329-56B99DBA4A96.jpeg
    496.5 KB · Views: 14
He’s alive. Eyes closed. Quiet peeping. He’s beaking the feathers on his chest. He’s attached to the shell with a dried piece of membrane which is attached to a red bit on his tummy/bottom?
he’s still on his side. Sort of sliding sideways in incubator. most movement I’ve seen so far from him :)

Attachments

• 5FC365DD-05B3-4154-8169-E43C86DB8EF5.jpeg
    5FC365DD-05B3-4154-8169-E43C86DB8EF5.jpeg
    496.5 KB · Views: 12
He’s alive. Eyes closed. Quiet peeping. He’s beaking the feathers on his chest. He’s attached to the shell with a dried piece of membrane which is attached to a red bit on his tummy/bottom?
he’s still on his side. Sort of sliding sideways in incubator. most movement I’ve seen so far from him :)
Is he up and going now? :pop

@shawluvsbirds thank you for asking ☺ He is still weaker on one side but he’s getting up and less floppy. Still sleeping on his side a lot. He’s made so much progress! I’m giving him water with a bit of honey on a cotton bud. He’s a fighter. 😄
Well it was a rough hatch.. takes a little longer to get on their feet after all of that.
Don't forget to post pictures once he is all fluffed up and doing great :clap

Back
Top Bottom