Help please

Tessicab

Hatching
Aug 26, 2016

What do i do never had this problem. Just bought these lttle guys

I just bought 2baby ducks and they have mites on their beaks an eye area what do is do?

ICK......Sprinkle Dusting powder in their shavings...Livestock stores will know....Give them a bath with garlic and vinegar and then rinse them off and bath them again in clear water. Do this all in your tub....MIX THE GARLIC AND VINEGAR TOGETHER. Put on duckies and let them run in your tub...Five minutes later rinse them off. Fill up tub deep enough for the duckies to swim and touch the bottom....They will clean off the rest.....

I used it on my 2 week old babies. No problems whatsoever. All my chickens have been fine and no mites with little work :) It worked great as far as I'm concerned. Didn't know it could have been hard on their lungs but nothing happened. Guess @Tessicab will have to decide if she wants to use it or not.

welcome-byc.gif

Those babies are adorable..I hope you can find something that will work for you. I personally use the spray on my chickens. The mite/lice spray that you can find at the pet stores is what I use. I use it on my chickens. I spray it on in different areas of their bodies, but what you would want to do with these little guys is to spray some on a rag, and the pat very carefully around the beak and eyes. Do not get too close to those cute little eyes. :) Good luck on what ever you decide.
Ducklings are not CHICKENS.....What is safe on a Chicken....not safe on a duck.............!!!

Back
Top Bottom