Help Please

Yes I misted from day 10 to day 25 cooled them down and misted then back to incubator. Humidity at lock down was 55 then lock down 80. I lost one baby duck and the other is out but not looking good.her down feathers are all matted and hard. Tried wiping her down with warm damp cloth but didn't help.i read u can bath in Luke warm water and brush her with soft toothbrush brush under a heat light will this help
Sorry to hear that you lost one. The amber fluid can be caused by humidity being too high - if yours was at 80, you may want to try having it closer to 65-70 during lockdown (and it will rise as they start hatching). A lukewarm bath and gently soaking and lightly rubbing/brushing the goop off should help the duckling regain a fluffy state. Just be sure not to let it become chilled (try to be as efficient as possible) and dry it as well as possible before putting it under the heat source. I sometimes just put a duckling that needed bathing due to hatch goop back in the incubator to dry, if it's still up to temperature. Good luck!

Little one died when I went to clean her she was gone
1f622.png
But out of 7 chick eggs I lost 2,the other 5 are doing good! Thank you for all ur help.

Back
Top Bottom